Internationalization Strategies for Companies from Emerging Economies
Professor George Yip talked about how companies from emerging economies can develop successful international strategies. His talk also covered how to:
- identify bases of competitive advantage for going international
- use innovation to create competitive advantage
- develop strategies for dealing with foreign competitors both at home and overseas
- evolve over time the international strategy and organisation of the company
- use foreign acquisitions effectively
He provided examples of successful internationalisation by both Chinese and Indian companies.