Innovation, China’s Next Advantage
- Why China has advantages for innovation both on the supply and the demand sides.
- How China is investing in R&D and innovation
- What is different about Chinese companies’ approach to innovation
- Which Chinese companies are the most innovative in China
- How foreign companies are not simply transferring technology from advanced countries to China, but are creating technology locally—for China and the world.
- The challenges that foreign companies face in conducting innovation in China and some of their surprising solutions.
This talk is based on a three-year programme of research conducted by the CEIBS Centre on China innovation.
Professor of Strategy and Co-Director, Centre on China Innovation
China Europe International Business School
Based in both Shanghai and London since 2011. Previously VP and Director of Research & Innovation, Capgemini Consulting; Dean, Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University; faculty at Harvard, UCLA, Cambridge and London business schools. Books include Strategic Transformation, Managing Global Customers, Asian Advantage and Total Global Strategy. BA and MA in economics, Cambridge University; MBA and DBA, Harvard Business School. Citizen of UK and USA.